Re: Support iCloud like TextEdit?

  • Janusz Bossy
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012
      On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Raffi Khatchadourian
      <raffi.t.khatchadourian@...> wrote:
      > What was the consensus?

      It's not doable. The sanboxing rules would forbid you from opening any
      files using other means than a standard open panel – the application
      itself doesn't have access to the filesystem but just a small subset
      of it. This, in most cases, renders Vim unusable.

      --
      Pozdrawiam,
      Janusz Bossy

    • Randy McMillan
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012
        On Nov 30, 2012, at 5:01 AM, Janusz Bossy <janusz.bossy@...> wrote:

        > On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Raffi Khatchadourian
        > <raffi.t.khatchadourian@...> wrote:
        >> What was the consensus?
        >
        > It's not doable. The sanboxing rules would forbid you from opening any
        > files using other means than a standard open panel – the application
        > itself doesn't have access to the filesystem but just a small subset
        > of it. This, in most cases, renders Vim unusable.
        >
        > --
        > Pozdrawiam,
        > Janusz Boss

        Just subscribe to a premium service on GitHub and create private repos.

      • Raffi Khatchadourian
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012
          On Nov 30, 2012, at 02:01 , Janusz Bossy <janusz.bossy@...> wrote:

          > On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Raffi Khatchadourian
          > <raffi.t.khatchadourian@...> wrote:
          >> What was the consensus?
          >
          > It's not doable. The sanboxing rules would forbid you from opening any
          > files using other means than a standard open panel – the application
          > itself doesn't have access to the filesystem but just a small subset
          > of it. This, in most cases, renders Vim unusable.

          I wouldn't mind using the open panel. And, for :e opens (for example), perhaps Apple Script can ben used to select the file in the open panel (using the :e argument).