Re: Yanking between windows

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
      On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Darcy wrote:
      > On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:42:41 PM UTC-5, Raffi Khatchadourian wrote:
      >> Why has it never been possible to yank between multiple windows?
      >
      > You can yank and put between windows. In a vim session just yank in one window and move to the other window and use put. If you are yanking and putting between OS windows, then you will have to use the * register. For example "*y in one vim session, then "*p in another vim session. For more information, try `:h gui_selections`

      ...or do what I do: use the standard Apple shortcuts Cmd+c and Cmd+v
      to copy and paste between OS windows.

      If you insist on using 'y' instead of Cmd+c but dislike having to
      remember to prefix with "* when yanking, then you should check out the
      'clipboard' option (e.g. ":set clipboard+=unnamed"). You'll still
      have to remember to paste from the star register as far as I can tell
      ("*p or Cmd+p).