Re: Support iCloud like TextEdit?

  • Raffi Khatchadourian
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27, 2012
      On Nov 27, 2012, at 14:38 , Jiang Jiang <gzjjgod@...> wrote:

      > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Raffi Khatchadourian
      > <raffi.t.khatchadourian@...> wrote:
      >> It's available. Other third-party applications support it. For an example, see IA Writer (http://www.iawriter.com).
      >
      > Only apps sandboxed and released through Mac App Store have access to
      > the iCloud API. The MAS availability as been discussed before in this
      > group.

      What was the consensus?

    • Janusz Bossy
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012
        On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Raffi Khatchadourian
        <raffi.t.khatchadourian@...> wrote:
        > What was the consensus?

        It's not doable. The sanboxing rules would forbid you from opening any
        files using other means than a standard open panel – the application
        itself doesn't have access to the filesystem but just a small subset
        of it. This, in most cases, renders Vim unusable.

        --
        Pozdrawiam,
        Janusz Bossy

      • Randy McMillan
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012
          On Nov 30, 2012, at 5:01 AM, Janusz Bossy <janusz.bossy@...> wrote:

          > On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Raffi Khatchadourian
          > <raffi.t.khatchadourian@...> wrote:
          >> What was the consensus?
          >
          > It's not doable. The sanboxing rules would forbid you from opening any
          > files using other means than a standard open panel – the application
          > itself doesn't have access to the filesystem but just a small subset
          > of it. This, in most cases, renders Vim unusable.
          >
          > --
          > Pozdrawiam,
          > Janusz Boss

          Just subscribe to a premium service on GitHub and create private repos.

        • Raffi Khatchadourian
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012
            On Nov 30, 2012, at 02:01 , Janusz Bossy <janusz.bossy@...> wrote:

            > On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Raffi Khatchadourian
            > <raffi.t.khatchadourian@...> wrote:
            >> What was the consensus?
            >
            > It's not doable. The sanboxing rules would forbid you from opening any
            > files using other means than a standard open panel – the application
            > itself doesn't have access to the filesystem but just a small subset
            > of it. This, in most cases, renders Vim unusable.

            I wouldn't mind using the open panel. And, for :e opens (for example), perhaps Apple Script can ben used to select the file in the open panel (using the :e argument).