Re: Key combination to go one word back/forward in all modes on macbook air

  • Nunzio Losacco
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 13, 2012
      New account created. I was doubting as well, cause I changed some keyboard settings in Terminal in order to get pgup/pgdown working in vi (fn+up/down I think).
      However Option-left/right arrow not working for the new user either.

      Do you have any more suggestions?

      2012/11/12 john mckenzie-3 [via VIM] <[hidden email]>
      Option-left and right arrow work great for this in MacVim on *my* macs (including Lion). I am left wondering if there is some peculiarity to your account. Could you try another Mac or at least create a second account and see if it happens then?

      On Nov 12, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Nunzio Losacco <[hidden email]> wrote:

      > Hey guys, although I'm a "newbie forever" I perfectly know "w" and "b" go one
      > word forth/back ;-)
      >
      > But...
      > 1) I'm looking for arrow keys combos (as ctrl+right/left on my linux box)
      > being the same as in the terminal (namely alt+right/left on OSX)
      > 2) "w" and "b" are for "command mode", I want to move the cursor through
      > words also in "insert mode", exactly as I do in the terminal, instead of
      > having the odd behaviour I described in my first post.
      >

      > --
      >
      > --

      NAML

    • raf
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 13, 2012
        Nunzio Losacco wrote:

        > New account created. I was doubting as well, cause I changed some keyboard
        > settings in Terminal in order to get pgup/pgdown working in vi (fn+up/down
        > I think).
        > However Option-left/right arrow not working for the new user either.
        >
        > Do you have any more suggestions?

        shift-left/right works for me everywhere.

      • raf
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 13, 2012
          Nunzio Losacco wrote:

          > New account created. I was doubting as well, cause I changed some keyboard
          > settings in Terminal in order to get pgup/pgdown working in vi (fn+up/down
          > I think).
          > However Option-left/right arrow not working for the new user either.
          >
          > Do you have any more suggestions?

          :help word-motions

          shows that either control or shift left/right move a word at a time.