Re: Key combination to go one word back/forward in all modes on macbook air

  • jmck.name@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 2012
      Option-left and right arrow work great for this in MacVim on *my* macs (including Lion). I am left wondering if there is some peculiarity to your account. Could you try another Mac or at least create a second account and see if it happens then?

      On Nov 12, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Nunzio Losacco <nunzio.losacco@...> wrote:

      > Hey guys, although I'm a "newbie forever" I perfectly know "w" and "b" go one
      > word forth/back ;-)
      >
      > But...
      > 1) I'm looking for arrow keys combos (as ctrl+right/left on my linux box)
      > being the same as in the terminal (namely alt+right/left on OSX)
      > 2) "w" and "b" are for "command mode", I want to move the cursor through
      > words also in "insert mode", exactly as I do in the terminal, instead of
      > having the odd behaviour I described in my first post.
      >

      > --
      >
      > --

    • Nunzio Losacco
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 13, 2012
        New account created. I was doubting as well, cause I changed some keyboard settings in Terminal in order to get pgup/pgdown working in vi (fn+up/down I think).
        However Option-left/right arrow not working for the new user either.

        Do you have any more suggestions?

        On Nov 12, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Nunzio Losacco <[hidden email]> wrote:

        > Hey guys, although I'm a "newbie forever" I perfectly know "w" and "b" go one
        > word forth/back ;-)
        >
        > But...
        > 1) I'm looking for arrow keys combos (as ctrl+right/left on my linux box)
        > being the same as in the terminal (namely alt+right/left on OSX)
        > 2) "w" and "b" are for "command mode", I want to move the cursor through
        > words also in "insert mode", exactly as I do in the terminal, instead of
        > having the odd behaviour I described in my first post.
        >

        > --
        >
        > --

        NAML

      • raf
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 13, 2012
          Nunzio Losacco wrote:

          > New account created. I was doubting as well, cause I changed some keyboard
          > settings in Terminal in order to get pgup/pgdown working in vi (fn+up/down
          > I think).
          > However Option-left/right arrow not working for the new user either.
          >
          > Do you have any more suggestions?

          shift-left/right works for me everywhere.

        • raf
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 13, 2012
            Nunzio Losacco wrote:

            > New account created. I was doubting as well, cause I changed some keyboard
            > settings in Terminal in order to get pgup/pgdown working in vi (fn+up/down
            > I think).
            > However Option-left/right arrow not working for the new user either.
            >
            > Do you have any more suggestions?

            :help word-motions

            shows that either control or shift left/right move a word at a time.