speeding up dictionary completion

  • Chris Lott
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2012
      I have the following lines in my .vimrc

      au BufNewFile,BufRead *.md setlocal dictionary+=/usr/share/dict/words
      au BufNewFile,BufRead *.md setlocal complete+=k

      It is understandably slow the first time I attempt a completion...as in minutes.

      Are there methods to speed this up? Can I pre-cache the words file in
      some way? I find the dictionary completion very useful, but not at
      this pace!

      Chris Lott <chris@...>