Re: Cannot run MacVim built with Xcode 4.5 on OS X 10.7.5

  • George V. Reilly
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2012
      On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      > On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM, George V. Reilly wrote:
      >> I have successfully built MacVim many times in the past from source.
      >> I am no longer able to do so.
      >>
      >> When I run the MacVim.app that I've built, it starts up,
      >> but no Vim window opens.
      >
      > You are most likely building Vim with gcc and MacVim with clang. Try
      >
      > make clean
      > CC=clang ./configure
      > make
      >
      > If that doesn't work and you're not comfortable debugging build issues
      > I always recommend using the prebuilt binaries that I provide.
      >
      >> BTW, the MacVim repo is about 60 patches behind Vim.
      >
      > Updated now. Thanks for the nudge.

      Thanks, Bjorn. The CC=clang ./configure did the trick.
      Perhaps https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
      should be updated to point out that it also applies now to 10.7.

      /George

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2012
        On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM, George V. Reilly wrote:

        > Thanks, Bjorn. The CC=clang ./configure did the trick.
        > Perhaps https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
        > should be updated to point out that it also applies now to 10.7.

        Sounds good. Would you mind doing that?

        Thanks,

      • Douglas Drumond
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2012
          On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:28 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

          > On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM, George V. Reilly wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks, Bjorn. The CC=clang ./configure did the trick.
          > > Perhaps https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
          > > should be updated to point out that it also applies now to 10.7.
          >
          > Sounds good. Would you mind doing that?

          Done

          --
          Douglas Drumond
          http://about.me/douglasdrumond

        • Geoff Petrie
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 6, 2012
            On Sunday, 4 November 2012 02:40:59 UTC-7, björn wrote:

            > make clean
            >
            > CC=clang ./configure
            >
            > make

            I just wanted to add that this was a huge help for me as well. It is nice to be able to compile MacVim from source again. Thank you for the tip!

            - Geoff