Re: Cannot run MacVim built with Xcode 4.5 on OS X 10.7.5

  • Chris Lott
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2012
      On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

      >> BTW, the MacVim repo is about 60 patches behind Vim.
      >
      > Updated now. Thanks for the nudge.

      Does this mean a new snapshot coming soon? :)

      Chris Lott <chris@...>

    • George V. Reilly
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 4, 2012
        On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
        > On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM, George V. Reilly wrote:
        >> I have successfully built MacVim many times in the past from source.
        >> I am no longer able to do so.
        >>
        >> When I run the MacVim.app that I've built, it starts up,
        >> but no Vim window opens.
        >
        > You are most likely building Vim with gcc and MacVim with clang. Try
        >
        > make clean
        > CC=clang ./configure
        > make
        >
        > If that doesn't work and you're not comfortable debugging build issues
        > I always recommend using the prebuilt binaries that I provide.
        >
        >> BTW, the MacVim repo is about 60 patches behind Vim.
        >
        > Updated now. Thanks for the nudge.

        Thanks, Bjorn. The CC=clang ./configure did the trick.
        Perhaps https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
        should be updated to point out that it also applies now to 10.7.

        /George

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2012
          On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM, George V. Reilly wrote:

          > Thanks, Bjorn. The CC=clang ./configure did the trick.
          > Perhaps https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
          > should be updated to point out that it also applies now to 10.7.

          Sounds good. Would you mind doing that?

          Thanks,

        • Douglas Drumond
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 5, 2012
            On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:28 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

            > On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM, George V. Reilly wrote:
            > >
            > > Thanks, Bjorn. The CC=clang ./configure did the trick.
            > > Perhaps https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building
            > > should be updated to point out that it also applies now to 10.7.
            >
            > Sounds good. Would you mind doing that?

            Done

            --
            Douglas Drumond
            http://about.me/douglasdrumond

          • Geoff Petrie
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 6, 2012
              On Sunday, 4 November 2012 02:40:59 UTC-7, björn wrote:

              > make clean
              >
              > CC=clang ./configure
              >
              > make

              I just wanted to add that this was a huge help for me as well. It is nice to be able to compile MacVim from source again. Thank you for the tip!

              - Geoff