Re: Core Text renderer causing square window corners

  • Pete Schaffner
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2012
      On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:37:24 PM UTC-4, Chris Lott wrote:

      > Off-topic, but related: how have you created a modeline like that?

      I should probably make this response public:
      I am using a plugin called Powerline for my statusline: https://github.com/Lokaltog/vim-powerline
      It is pretty nice, but it starts to look janky with the NSTextView renderer :)

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2012
        On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Pete Schaffner wrote:
        > I recently decided to start using the recommended Core Text render, but noticed that it causes the contents of the textview to spill out of the window's bounds and "square off" the window's bottom left and right corners: http://my.irong8.com/image/1U0G013c0g3M/o
        >
        > I am using the latest build (65) on 10.8.2.
        >
        > I know this is kind of a petty issue, but little aesthetic glitches like that always catch my eye! :)
        >
        > I saw in an earlier post that a similar issue was raised for 10.7... but was not quite this drastic: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_mac/-yuYtiGUf_w/discussion

        Looking at that post I can say that I *did* think I knew what the
        issue was but upon debugging I could not reproduce the issue. The
        same thing holds now: I cannot reproduce.

        Right now I'm confused as to how it can even be that the rounded edges
        get "squared off" since MacVim is only drawing within views -- it
        never tries to draw the window itself. Why would drawing inside a
        view cause the window to be painted differently?

      • Pete Schaffner
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2012
          On Sunday, November 4, 2012 4:45:25 AM UTC-5, björn wrote:
          > On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Pete Schaffner wrote:
          >
          > > I recently decided to start using the recommended Core Text render, but noticed that it causes the contents of the textview to spill out of the window's bounds and "square off" the window's bottom left and right corners: http://my.irong8.com/image/1U0G013c0g3M/o
          >

          > > I am using the latest build (65) on 10.8.2.
          >

          > > I know this is kind of a petty issue, but little aesthetic glitches like that always catch my eye! :)
          >

          > > I saw in an earlier post that a similar issue was raised for 10.7... but was not quite this drastic: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_mac/-yuYtiGUf_w/discussion
          >

          > Looking at that post I can say that I *did* think I knew what the
          >
          > issue was but upon debugging I could not reproduce the issue. The
          >
          > same thing holds now: I cannot reproduce.
          >

          > Right now I'm confused as to how it can even be that the rounded edges
          >
          > get "squared off" since MacVim is only drawing within views -- it
          >
          > never tries to draw the window itself. Why would drawing inside a
          >
          > view cause the window to be painted differently?
          >

          > Björn

          I just realized that this is somehow related to @alloy's sidebar fork (which I am using). I should have tested that before posting anything on here. After trying your most recent build, I can confirm that the issue described above doesn't exist.

          I might talk about this further with @alloy.

          Thanks for your response!