Re: border on gui version

  • Phil Dobbin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2012
      JohnnyRock wrote:
      > Hi,
      > Is there any way for the MacVim GUI version to show left and bottom borders? I have iTerm2 installed (which has an option for borders in shell windows), so borders are shown when vi is run from within an iTerm2 terminal, but I also want the borders to be present for MacVim GUI sessions. MacVim seems to be using iTerm2, based on the :!set response:
      > :set!
      > (...)
      > TERM_PROGRAM=iTerm.app
      >
      > However, the MacVim GUI window doesn't have the left/bottom borders. Is there some way to enable the borders option of iTerm2 for the MacVim GUI version?
      >
      > Thanks!

      I've got scrollbars on the left side, full menu across the top but only
      my statusline along the bottom (plus a blank white border along the
      right-hand side).

      However, saying that, I'm using snapshot 64 on Snow Leopard & as far as
      I remember, snapshot 65 for Lion disabled the top menu item by default.

      Cheers,

      Phil...

      --
      But masters, remember that I am an ass.
      Though it be not written down,

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2012
        On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM, JohnnyRock wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Is there any way for the MacVim GUI version to show left and bottom borders? I have iTerm2 installed (which has an option for borders in shell windows), so borders are shown when vi is run from within an iTerm2 terminal, but I also want the borders to be present for MacVim GUI sessions. MacVim seems to be using iTerm2, based on the :!set response:
        > :set!
        > (...)
        > TERM_PROGRAM=iTerm.app
        >
        > However, the MacVim GUI window doesn't have the left/bottom borders. Is there some way to enable the borders option of iTerm2 for the MacVim GUI version?

        I don't know what you mean by "borders", but you could try increasing
        the following user defaults:

        MMTextInsetBottom
        MMTextInsetLeft
        MMTextInsetRight
        MMTextInsetTop

        That will give you more of an "empty space" around the text view
        inside the window. See ":h macvim-user-defaults" on how to change
        these (close/reopen window for changes to take effect).