border on gui version

  • JohnnyRock
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2012
      Is there any way for the MacVim GUI version to show left and bottom borders? I have iTerm2 installed (which has an option for borders in shell windows), so borders are shown when vi is run from within an iTerm2 terminal, but I also want the borders to be present for MacVim GUI sessions. MacVim seems to be using iTerm2, based on the :!set response:
      :set!
      (...)
      TERM_PROGRAM=iTerm.app

      However, the MacVim GUI window doesn't have the left/bottom borders. Is there some way to enable the borders option of iTerm2 for the MacVim GUI version?

      Thanks!

    • Phil Dobbin
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2012
        JohnnyRock wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Is there any way for the MacVim GUI version to show left and bottom borders? I have iTerm2 installed (which has an option for borders in shell windows), so borders are shown when vi is run from within an iTerm2 terminal, but I also want the borders to be present for MacVim GUI sessions. MacVim seems to be using iTerm2, based on the :!set response:
        > :set!
        > (...)
        > TERM_PROGRAM=iTerm.app
        >
        > However, the MacVim GUI window doesn't have the left/bottom borders. Is there some way to enable the borders option of iTerm2 for the MacVim GUI version?
        >
        > Thanks!

        I've got scrollbars on the left side, full menu across the top but only
        my statusline along the bottom (plus a blank white border along the
        right-hand side).

        However, saying that, I'm using snapshot 64 on Snow Leopard & as far as
        I remember, snapshot 65 for Lion disabled the top menu item by default.

        Cheers,

        Phil...

        --
        But masters, remember that I am an ass.
        Though it be not written down,

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2012
          On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM, JohnnyRock wrote:
          > Hi,
          > Is there any way for the MacVim GUI version to show left and bottom borders? I have iTerm2 installed (which has an option for borders in shell windows), so borders are shown when vi is run from within an iTerm2 terminal, but I also want the borders to be present for MacVim GUI sessions. MacVim seems to be using iTerm2, based on the :!set response:
          > :set!
          > (...)
          > TERM_PROGRAM=iTerm.app
          >
          > However, the MacVim GUI window doesn't have the left/bottom borders. Is there some way to enable the borders option of iTerm2 for the MacVim GUI version?

          I don't know what you mean by "borders", but you could try increasing
          the following user defaults:

          MMTextInsetBottom
          MMTextInsetLeft
          MMTextInsetRight
          MMTextInsetTop

          That will give you more of an "empty space" around the text view
          inside the window. See ":h macvim-user-defaults" on how to change
          these (close/reopen window for changes to take effect).