Splitting windows inside netrw locks current window.

  • Jake
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2012
      Steps to recreation:
      1. Open MacVim
      2. Type ":e ."
      3. Move your cursor to a file name and press "o".
      4. A new window will now upen below the netrw window. Try to press "ctrl-w k" to move back up to the netrw window and nothing happens. Try to left click on the netrw window and focus won't switch.
      5. Click your cursor outside of macvim to bring focus to another window (an application outside of macvim).
      6. Click back to macvim.
      7. Press "ctrl-w k" and it will now properly switch focus back to the netrw window.

      I'm using snapshot 65 on os x 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion).

      Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2012
        On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Jake wrote:
        > Steps to recreation:
        > 1. Open MacVim
        > 2. Type ":e ."
        > 3. Move your cursor to a file name and press "o".
        > 4. A new window will now upen below the netrw window. Try to press "ctrl-w k" to move back up to the netrw window and nothing happens. Try to left click on the netrw window and focus won't switch.
        > 5. Click your cursor outside of macvim to bring focus to another window (an application outside of macvim).
        > 6. Click back to macvim.
        > 7. Press "ctrl-w k" and it will now properly switch focus back to the netrw window.
        >
        > I'm using snapshot 65 on os x 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion).
        >
        > Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

        I can confirm the problem. No fix at the moment but I've made a note of it.