Plugin using ruby and python causes MacVim to be killed

  • Bruno Gonçalves
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2012
      Hello,

      I'm trying to make a plugin that uses pygments.rb ruby gem, but when calling " require 'pygments' ", MacVim is killed with the following message

      Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
      Vim: Finished.

      I'm using MacVim - 7.3 with patches: 1-646 and pygments.rb is a wrapper to a python lib.

      I don't have any idea on how to resolve this problem. Can anyone help me?

    • Bruno Gonçalves
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2012
        Em sexta-feira, 28 de setembro de 2012 16h03min30s UTC-3, Bruno Gonçalves escreveu:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm trying to make a plugin that uses pygments.rb ruby gem, but when calling " require 'pygments' ", MacVim is killed with the following message
        >
        > Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
        > Vim: Finished.
        >
        > I'm using MacVim - 7.3 with patches: 1-646 and pygments.rb is a wrapper to a python lib.
        >
        > I don't have any idea on how to resolve this problem. Can anyone help me?

        Hi,

        I solved this problem by other way. I extracted the ruby portion of the plugin to a ruby file, then calling this ruby file using command line inside the function on the plugin.

        Thanks