Re: macvim installed via macports copy/paste via cmd-C/cmd-V 'do not work'

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12, 2012
      On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM, baest wrote:
      > On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 23:27:52 UTC+2, woodya wrote:
      >> selected text is deleted when i type cmd-C
      >> and when i try to paste via cmd-V, the text "<D-v>" is inserted.
      >>
      >> i have this version installed: MacVim @...64_0 (active)
      >> i have this issue with my existing vimrc as well as when i launch via: gvim -u NONE
      >> the GUI reports the vim version as: 7.3.390
      >>
      >> when running vim in commandline mode, cmd-C/cmd-V both work.
      >> I did not have this issue previous to upgrading os/macports/macvim (in that order).
      >>
      >> help restoring normalcy would be appreciated.
      >> -w
      >
      > I have the same problem using snapshot 65 (and 64). It worked for me before v64 (or maybe before 10.8 upgrade). A fIx or work-around would be very much appreciated

      Is this using snapshot 65 downloaded from the MacVim Google code page
      [1] (i.e. the binary that I build)? If not, please try that and see
      if it works.

      Björn

      [1] http://code.google.com/p/macvim/

    • Martin Kjeldsen
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 14, 2012
        Hi Björn

        You're right, it works if you used the binary directly (I think I got it from a upgrade direct from MacVim). Thanks!

        Martin

        On 12/09/2012, at 21.58, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

        > On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM, baest wrote:
        >> On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 23:27:52 UTC+2, woodya wrote:
        >>> selected text is deleted when i type cmd-C
        >>> and when i try to paste via cmd-V, the text "<D-v>" is inserted.
        >>>
        >>> i have this version installed: MacVim @...64_0 (active)
        >>> i have this issue with my existing vimrc as well as when i launch via: gvim -u NONE
        >>> the GUI reports the vim version as: 7.3.390
        >>>
        >>> when running vim in commandline mode, cmd-C/cmd-V both work.
        >>> I did not have this issue previous to upgrading os/macports/macvim (in that order).
        >>>
        >>> help restoring normalcy would be appreciated.
        >>> -w
        >>
        >> I have the same problem using snapshot 65 (and 64). It worked for me before v64 (or maybe before 10.8 upgrade). A fIx or work-around would be very much appreciated
        >
        > Is this using snapshot 65 downloaded from the MacVim Google code page
        > [1] (i.e. the binary that I build)? If not, please try that and see
        > if it works.
        >
        > Björn
        >
        > [1] http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
        >
        > --

      • Adam Mercer
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 14, 2012
          On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:48 AM, baest <martin@...> wrote:

          > I have the same problem using snapshot 65 (and 64).

          MacVim @...65_0+python27 from MacPorts works without for
          issue for me on both Lion and Mountain Lion.

          > It worked for me before v64 (or maybe before 10.8 upgrade).

          When you upgraded to 10.8 did you follow the MacPorts Migration guide?

          <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration?

          Cheers

          Adam