Re: MacVim.app snapshot 65 for Mountain Lion

  • Janusz Bossy
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 3, 2012
      On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      > I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion [1].

      Is it just me or does the newest snapshot forget window placement
      between restarts?

      --
      Janusz Bossy

    • Robert
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 20, 2012
        I am on ML. MacVim starts but will not open a new window. I have tried the latest 65 build. Any ideas I can try?

        Bob

      • Christopher Stone
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 20, 2012
          On Sep 20, 2012, at 18:54, Robert <sigzero@...> wrote:
          > I am on ML. MacVim starts but will not open a new window. I have tried the latest 65 build. Any ideas I can try?

          Hey Robert,

          FWIW I just tried it here on 10.8.2, and it seems to be working fine.

          --
          Best Regards,
          Chris

        • Niels Kobschätzki
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 20, 2012
            On 21.09.2012, at 01:54, Robert <sigzero@...> wrote:

            > I am on ML. MacVim starts but will not open a new window. I have tried the latest 65 build. Any ideas I can try?

            I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Tried a lot incl. recompilation. It worked when I called it from the command line (open -a MacVim) but from the GUI I couldn't open it. Then two days later it suddenly worked again w/out me changing anything (at least I'm not aware of it).

            Niels

          • Rainer Müller
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 21, 2012
              On 2012-09-21 01:54, Robert wrote:
              > I am on ML. MacVim starts but will not open a new window. I have tried the latest 65 build. Any ideas I can try?

              Did you compile MacVim yourself? This bug report describes this problem:
              http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=384

              For some reason you might be using two different compilers for the
              internal Vim and MacVim.

              Rainer

            • Robert
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 21, 2012
                On Friday, September 21, 2012 1:33:19 AM UTC-4, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
                > I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Tried a lot incl. recompilation. It worked when I called it from the command line (open -a MacVim) but from the GUI I couldn't open it. Then two days later it suddenly worked again w/out me changing anything (at least I'm not aware of it).

                That is exactly what I found out. If I call it from the command line it works. If I start it from /Applications it does not. Maybe mine will just start working as well until then I know what the work-a-round.

                Bob

              • Steven Michalske
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 21, 2012
                  Gatekeeper settings?