Re: MacVim.app snapshot 65 for Mountain Lion

  • Douglas Drumond
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2012
      2012/9/1 björn <bjorn.winckler@...>

      We already have one volunteer who builds snapshots for OS X 10.6.  I
      would now like to ask for help with building snapshots for 10.7.  Who
      is willing to help me with this?

      Done.

    • Janusz Bossy
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 3, 2012
        On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
        > I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion [1].

        Is it just me or does the newest snapshot forget window placement
        between restarts?

        --
        Janusz Bossy

      • Robert
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 20, 2012
          I am on ML. MacVim starts but will not open a new window. I have tried the latest 65 build. Any ideas I can try?

          Bob

        • Christopher Stone
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 20, 2012
            On Sep 20, 2012, at 18:54, Robert <sigzero@...> wrote:
            > I am on ML. MacVim starts but will not open a new window. I have tried the latest 65 build. Any ideas I can try?

            Hey Robert,

            FWIW I just tried it here on 10.8.2, and it seems to be working fine.

            --
            Best Regards,
            Chris

          • Niels Kobschätzki
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 20, 2012
              On 21.09.2012, at 01:54, Robert <sigzero@...> wrote:

              > I am on ML. MacVim starts but will not open a new window. I have tried the latest 65 build. Any ideas I can try?

              I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Tried a lot incl. recompilation. It worked when I called it from the command line (open -a MacVim) but from the GUI I couldn't open it. Then two days later it suddenly worked again w/out me changing anything (at least I'm not aware of it).

              Niels

            • Rainer Müller
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 21, 2012
                On 2012-09-21 01:54, Robert wrote:
                > I am on ML. MacVim starts but will not open a new window. I have tried the latest 65 build. Any ideas I can try?

                Did you compile MacVim yourself? This bug report describes this problem:
                http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=384

                For some reason you might be using two different compilers for the
                internal Vim and MacVim.

                Rainer

              • Robert
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 21, 2012
                  On Friday, September 21, 2012 1:33:19 AM UTC-4, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
                  > I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Tried a lot incl. recompilation. It worked when I called it from the command line (open -a MacVim) but from the GUI I couldn't open it. Then two days later it suddenly worked again w/out me changing anything (at least I'm not aware of it).

                  That is exactly what I found out. If I call it from the command line it works. If I start it from /Applications it does not. Maybe mine will just start working as well until then I know what the work-a-round.

                  Bob

                • Steven Michalske
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 21, 2012
                    Gatekeeper settings?