macvim installed via macports copy/paste via cmd-C/cmd-V 'do not work'

  • woodya
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28, 2012
      selected text is deleted when i type cmd-C
      and when i try to paste via cmd-V, the text "<D-v>" is inserted.

      i have this version installed: MacVim @...64_0 (active)
      i have this issue with my existing vimrc as well as when i launch via: gvim -u NONE
      the GUI reports the vim version as: 7.3.390

      when running vim in commandline mode, cmd-C/cmd-V both work.
      I did not have this issue previous to upgrading os/macports/macvim (in that order).

      help restoring normalcy would be appreciated.
      -w

    • baest
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
        On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 23:27:52 UTC+2, woodya wrote:
        > selected text is deleted when i type cmd-C
        > and when i try to paste via cmd-V, the text "<D-v>" is inserted.
        >
        > i have this version installed: MacVim @...64_0 (active)
        > i have this issue with my existing vimrc as well as when i launch via: gvim -u NONE
        > the GUI reports the vim version as: 7.3.390
        >
        > when running vim in commandline mode, cmd-C/cmd-V both work.
        > I did not have this issue previous to upgrading os/macports/macvim (in that order).
        >
        > help restoring normalcy would be appreciated.
        > -w

        I have the same problem using snapshot 65 (and 64). It worked for me before v64 (or maybe before 10.8 upgrade). A fIx or work-around would be very much appreciated

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 12, 2012
          On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM, baest wrote:
          > On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 23:27:52 UTC+2, woodya wrote:
          >> selected text is deleted when i type cmd-C
          >> and when i try to paste via cmd-V, the text "<D-v>" is inserted.
          >>
          >> i have this version installed: MacVim @...64_0 (active)
          >> i have this issue with my existing vimrc as well as when i launch via: gvim -u NONE
          >> the GUI reports the vim version as: 7.3.390
          >>
          >> when running vim in commandline mode, cmd-C/cmd-V both work.
          >> I did not have this issue previous to upgrading os/macports/macvim (in that order).
          >>
          >> help restoring normalcy would be appreciated.
          >> -w
          >
          > I have the same problem using snapshot 65 (and 64). It worked for me before v64 (or maybe before 10.8 upgrade). A fIx or work-around would be very much appreciated

          Is this using snapshot 65 downloaded from the MacVim Google code page
          [1] (i.e. the binary that I build)? If not, please try that and see
          if it works.

          Björn

          [1] http://code.google.com/p/macvim/

        • Martin Kjeldsen
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 14, 2012
            Hi Björn

            You're right, it works if you used the binary directly (I think I got it from a upgrade direct from MacVim). Thanks!

            Martin

            On 12/09/2012, at 21.58, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

            > On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM, baest wrote:
            >> On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 23:27:52 UTC+2, woodya wrote:
            >>> selected text is deleted when i type cmd-C
            >>> and when i try to paste via cmd-V, the text "<D-v>" is inserted.
            >>>
            >>> i have this version installed: MacVim @...64_0 (active)
            >>> i have this issue with my existing vimrc as well as when i launch via: gvim -u NONE
            >>> the GUI reports the vim version as: 7.3.390
            >>>
            >>> when running vim in commandline mode, cmd-C/cmd-V both work.
            >>> I did not have this issue previous to upgrading os/macports/macvim (in that order).
            >>>
            >>> help restoring normalcy would be appreciated.
            >>> -w
            >>
            >> I have the same problem using snapshot 65 (and 64). It worked for me before v64 (or maybe before 10.8 upgrade). A fIx or work-around would be very much appreciated
            >
            > Is this using snapshot 65 downloaded from the MacVim Google code page
            > [1] (i.e. the binary that I build)? If not, please try that and see
            > if it works.
            >
            > Björn
            >
            > [1] http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
            >
            > --

          • Adam Mercer
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 14, 2012
              On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:48 AM, baest <martin@...> wrote:

              > I have the same problem using snapshot 65 (and 64).

              MacVim @...65_0+python27 from MacPorts works without for
              issue for me on both Lion and Mountain Lion.

              > It worked for me before v64 (or maybe before 10.8 upgrade).

              When you upgraded to 10.8 did you follow the MacPorts Migration guide?

              <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration?

              Cheers

              Adam