Re: MacVim: hello Core Text, goodbye toolbar

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2012
      > In case you haven't seen it: This got a lot easier to implement in 10.8, since you can implement quickLookWithEvent:, send a request for the word at the cursor position to the vim process, and then asynchronously call showDefinitionForAttributedString:atPoint: once the result arrives.

      Thanks Nico, I was not aware of that new API. It will certainly make
      it a lot easier to implement the dictionary popup. I already toyed
      around with it -- the only problem now is figuring out the right way
      to ask Vim for the word under the mouse pointer and getting the
      coordinates of the start of said word...