Re: MacVim Slow on Retina MBP

  • Kyle Murphy
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2012
      On Sunday, August 12, 2012 5:58:06 AM UTC-7, björn wrote:
      > On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 7:23 AM, Kyle Murphy wrote:
      >
      > > Scrolling, moving, typing, etc. are all a bit sluggish on the new rMBP.
      >

      > > I've moved to native vim in iTerm2 in the meantime, which is quite fast, but I much prefer MacVim. Will a retina optimized version be coming out?
      >

      > Have you enabled the "Experimental renderer" in the advanced preferences?
      >

      > I don't really know what "retina optimized" entails, but I at least
      >
      > will not be working on that since I do not have a retina display to
      >
      > test with. If there are minor problems that I can patch blindly, then
      >
      > I'll do my best to fix them, but that's all I can do.
      >

      > Björn

      Enabling 'experimental renderer' fixed it. Thanks Bjorn.

    • Kyle Murphy
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2012
        On Sunday, August 12, 2012 5:58:06 AM UTC-7, björn wrote:

        > Have you enabled the "Experimental renderer" in the advanced preferences?

        That did it. Thanks Bjorn (for that and MacVim).

      • Sean Hess
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 13, 2012
          Experimental Renderer fixed it for me. I was only noticing the issue in large MacVim windows. It was fast in small ones. It seemed like a key repeat rate problem at first. Thanks for the help!