Re: 64 bit macVim for mountain lion

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2012
      On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Chen Huang wrote:
      > The latest snapshot seems to use 32 bit rather than 64 bit. Can you post a 64 bit binary?

      I had to stop building a 64 bit binary due to a bug in the Python
      interface (it crashes when built as 64 bit). Since I haven't been
      able to debug the problem I instead switched back to building 32 bit
      binaries.

      Is there a reason why you need a 64 bit binary?

    • Andre
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2012
        Am Montag, 6. August 2012 00:31:50 UTC+2 schrieb Chen Huang:
        > The latest snapshot seems to use 32 bit rather than 64 bit. Can you post a 64 bit binary?

        Building MacVim via MacPorts does build a very stable 64Bit version. May be that does help you?

        Just Follow the instructions on http://www.macports.org,
        * install MacPorts for mountain lion
        * Install the latest XCode and the optional command line utilities
        * Open Terminal
        * Issue 'sudo port install MacVim'

        If all works cleanly, You'll have a 64 bit version in /Applications/MacPorts/ on your machine.

        Hope that helps,
        André

      • Tony Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 16, 2012
          On Aug 15, 2:23 pm, Andre <aip.schae...@...> wrote:
          > Am Montag, 6. August 2012 00:31:50 UTC+2 schrieb Chen Huang:
          >
          > > The latest snapshot seems to use 32 bit rather than 64 bit. Can you post a 64 bit binary?
          >
          > Building MacVim via MacPorts does build a very stable 64Bit version. May be that does help you?
          >
          > Just Follow the instructions onhttp://www.macports.org,
          > * install MacPorts for mountain lion
          > * Install the latest XCode and the optional command line utilities
          > * Open Terminal
          > * Issue 'sudo port install MacVim'
          >
          > If all works cleanly, You'll have a 64 bit version in /Applications/MacPorts/ on your machine.
          >
          > Hope that helps,
          > André

          The port (listed as "vim" some three-fourths down the page of
          http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=category&substr=editors&page=2&pagesize=50
          ) is currently version 7.3.615 which is reasonably recent (published
          by Bram on 25 July).