64 bit macVim for mountain lion

  • Chen Huang
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2012
      The latest snapshot seems to use 32 bit rather than 64 bit. Can you post a 64 bit binary?

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2012
        On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Chen Huang wrote:
        > The latest snapshot seems to use 32 bit rather than 64 bit. Can you post a 64 bit binary?

        I had to stop building a 64 bit binary due to a bug in the Python
        interface (it crashes when built as 64 bit). Since I haven't been
        able to debug the problem I instead switched back to building 32 bit
        binaries.

        Is there a reason why you need a 64 bit binary?

      • Andre
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2012
          Am Montag, 6. August 2012 00:31:50 UTC+2 schrieb Chen Huang:
          > The latest snapshot seems to use 32 bit rather than 64 bit. Can you post a 64 bit binary?

          Building MacVim via MacPorts does build a very stable 64Bit version. May be that does help you?

          Just Follow the instructions on http://www.macports.org,
          * install MacPorts for mountain lion
          * Install the latest XCode and the optional command line utilities
          * Open Terminal
          * Issue 'sudo port install MacVim'

          If all works cleanly, You'll have a 64 bit version in /Applications/MacPorts/ on your machine.

          Hope that helps,
          André

        • Tony Mechelynck
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 16, 2012
            On Aug 15, 2:23 pm, Andre <aip.schae...@...> wrote:
            > Am Montag, 6. August 2012 00:31:50 UTC+2 schrieb Chen Huang:
            >
            > > The latest snapshot seems to use 32 bit rather than 64 bit. Can you post a 64 bit binary?
            >
            > Building MacVim via MacPorts does build a very stable 64Bit version. May be that does help you?
            >
            > Just Follow the instructions onhttp://www.macports.org,
            > * install MacPorts for mountain lion
            > * Install the latest XCode and the optional command line utilities
            > * Open Terminal
            > * Issue 'sudo port install MacVim'
            >
            > If all works cleanly, You'll have a 64 bit version in /Applications/MacPorts/ on your machine.
            >
            > Hope that helps,
            > André

            The port (listed as "vim" some three-fourths down the page of
            http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=category&substr=editors&page=2&pagesize=50
            ) is currently version 7.3.615 which is reasonably recent (published
            by Bram on 25 July).