Re: Unicode matchpairs not possible?

  • Axel Kielhorn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2012
      Am 03.07.2012 um 14:17 schrieb Tony Mechelynck:

      > It is documented under ":help 'matchpairs'":
      >
      > "Currently only single byte character pairs are allowed, and they must
      > be different".

      Thanks, I somehow missed that.

      Maybe I should transform » and « to >> and << while editing and convert it back when writing the file. It's easier to type that way, which is another bonus.

      Axel

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2012
        On Jul 3, 6:14 pm, Axel Kielhorn <v...@...> wrote:
        > Am 03.07.2012 um 14:17 schrieb Tony Mechelynck:
        >
        > > It is documented under ":help 'matchpairs'":
        >
        > > "Currently only single byte character pairs are allowed, and they must
        > > be different".
        >
        > Thanks, I somehow missed that.
        >
        > Maybe I should transform » and « to >> and << while editing and convert it back when writing the file. It's easier to type that way, which is another bonus.
        >
        > Axel

        Maybe you could, but in that case beware that having unpaired less-
        than and greater-than signs (as in mathematics) will confuse Vim when
        trying to find the mate of a << or >> marker. And of course you won't
        be able to use << for "much less than" and >> for "much greater than"
        or similar.

        Best regards,
        Tony.