Re: Multithreaded (or whatever terminology applies to this problem)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2012
      On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Giovanni Lanzani wrote:
      > Is MacVim multithreaded? When I am doing things like
      >
      > :Git push
      >
      > and I want to exit from full-screen (Lion full-screen), the interface does not respond. Is that normal behavior/intended/will remain so?

      MacVim is a multi-process application where each "worker process" is a
      Vim executable and corresponds to one GUI window.

      However, Vim itself was designed to only do one thing at a time and
      certain operations will put a Vim process in a loop where it does not
      respond to new input. Starting an external program (like :Git does)
      will put Vim in such a loop. This results in the window corresponding
      to that process to seemingly "freeze" like you have noticed (but you
      will still be able to interact with MacVim by opening new windows,
      bringing up the preferences, etc.).

      There is unfortunately not really much that I can do about this as it
      would require substantial non-trivial changes to Vim itself.

      > BTW thank Björn for the effort you put in MacVIm, it really rocks.

      Cheers. Glad you like it!