macvim url handler trouble

  • dsim
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2012
      I have trouble with macvim url handler on mac os 10.7.4 and macvim snapshot 64.
      When I try "mvim://open?url=file:///file" nothing happens. Just open macvim but nothing windows, tabs, or splits with my file. Please advise me somthing.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 22, 2012
        On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:15 PM, dsim wrote:
        > I have trouble with macvim url handler on mac os 10.7.4 and macvim snapshot 64.
        > When I try "mvim://open?url=file:///file" nothing happens. Just open macvim but nothing windows, tabs, or splits with my file. Please advise me somthing.

        It works fine for me, which makes me thing that you are probably
        entering the wrong path. For example, if you have a file "test.txt"
        in your user folder "/Users/yourname" then the correct incantation is

        mvim://open?url=file:///Users/yourname/test.txt