Which path uses MacVim?

  • Niels Kobschätzki
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2012

      which $PATH does MacVim use? When I do :!echo $PATH it significantly
      differs from the path I use in zsh or bash.
      Where do I set the $PATH for MacVim?

      Niels

    • Ben Schmidt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2012
        On 19/05/12 12:13 AM, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > which $PATH does MacVim use? When I do :!echo $PATH it significantly differs from
        > the path I use in zsh or bash.
        > Where do I set the $PATH for MacVim?

        MacVim uses a login shell, as Terminal.app does, however it is not an
        interactive shell. For bash, this means your PATH settings need to be in
        ~/.profile not ~/.bashrc. I'm not sure about zsh, but check its
        documentation for where to put commands to run for all login shells
        (whether interactive or not) and it should work.

        Smiles,

        Ben.

      • Giovanni Lanzani
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2012
          On Friday, May 18, 2012 4:13:21 PM UTC+2, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > which $PATH does MacVim use? When I do :!echo $PATH it significantly
          > differs from the path I use in zsh or bash.
          > Where do I set the $PATH for MacVim?
          >
          > Niels

          For zsh you can follow the advice given at

          https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting