Re: Can someone MacVim something on Snow Leopard for me?

  • Cássio Marques
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16 12:13 PM
      Hi,

      Here's what I got:

      ['/usr/local/lib/python26.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-darwin', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-mac', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/../../Extras/lib/python', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-t
      k', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-old', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload']

      Running MacVim snapshot 64 on SL.

      --
      Cássio Marques

      On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Alex Lovell-Troy wrote:

      Hi all,
        For the time being, I'm handling the snow leopard builds of MacVim
      from my github account[1]. Björn got a report[2] of that build having
      problems with python path issues and asked me to look in to it. I'm
      away from my Snow Leopard computer for a few days so I'm hoping
      someone else on the list can try to confirm this for me. Anyone? I'm
      just looking for the python path info from within MacVim:
      python << ENDPYTHON
      import sys
      print sys.path
      ENDPYTHON

      Many thanks!

      -alex

      Message 2 of 5 , May 17 1:17 AM
        On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Cássio Marques <cassiommc@...> wrote:

        > Here's what I got:
        >
        > ['/usr/local/lib/python26.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/',
        > '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-darwin', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-mac',
        > '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages',
        > '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/../../Extras/lib/python',
        > '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-t
        > k', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-old',
        > '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload']
        >
        > Running MacVim snapshot 64 on SL.

        Thanks Cássio, that is definitely not correct.

        Alex: I am guessing that you have Homebrew or something similar
        installed and the build picked up the wrong Python version. I think
        one easy workaround is to add the switch "--with-macsdk=10.6" when you
        build (if memory serves me correctly). If not, message me personally
        and we'll sort it out.

        I might release a new snapshot in the coming days, so I don't think it
        necessary to build a new version just yet (unless you want to, of
        course).

      • Alex Lovell-Troy
        Message 3 of 5 , May 17 8:32 AM
          Aye. Looks like my goof here. I'll get a new snapshot build this
          weekend if at all possible and definitely when björn releases his.

          -alex

          On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 4:17 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
          > On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Cássio Marques <cassiommc@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Here's what I got:
          >>
          >> ['/usr/local/lib/python26.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/',
          >> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-darwin', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-mac',
          >> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages',
          >> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/../../Extras/lib/python',
          >> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-t
          >> k', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-old',
          >> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload']
          >>
          >> Running MacVim snapshot 64 on SL.
          >
          > Thanks Cássio, that is definitely not correct.
          >
          > Alex: I am guessing that you have Homebrew or something similar
          > installed and the build picked up the wrong Python version.  I think
          > one easy workaround is to add the switch "--with-macsdk=10.6" when you
          > build (if memory serves me correctly).  If not, message me personally
          > and we'll sort it out.
          >
          > I might release a new snapshot in the coming days, so I don't think it
          > necessary to build a new version just yet (unless you want to, of
          > course).
          >
          > Björn
          >
          > --

        • Alex Lovell-Troy
          Message 4 of 5 , May 29 11:51 AM
            *NEW Snow Leopard Build of MacVim available*

            It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't heard of a new snapshot
            being ready, but to make sure I can still build on this old laptop, I
            fixed the bug and uploaded a new build to github.

            https://github.com/alexlovelltroy/macvim/downloads

            For those of you not interested in using the built-in python
            interpreter, there's no reason to switch. Of course, I'm sure there
            are at least a few of you for which this will make life slightly
            easier.

            -alex