Can someone MacVim something on Snow Leopard for me?

  • Alex Lovell-Troy
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16 12:10 PM
      Hi all,
        For the time being, I'm handling the snow leopard builds of MacVim
      from my github account[1]. Björn got a report[2] of that build having
      problems with python path issues and asked me to look in to it. I'm
      away from my Snow Leopard computer for a few days so I'm hoping
      someone else on the list can try to confirm this for me. Anyone? I'm
      just looking for the python path info from within MacVim:
      python << ENDPYTHON
      import sys
      print sys.path
      ENDPYTHON

      Many thanks!

      -alex

      [1]https://github.com/alexlovelltroy/macvim/downloads
      [2]http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=413

    • Cássio Marques
      Message 2 of 5 , May 16 12:13 PM

        Here's what I got:

        ['/usr/local/lib/python26.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-darwin', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-mac', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/../../Extras/lib/python', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-t
        k', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-old', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload']

        Running MacVim snapshot 64 on SL.

        --
        Cássio Marques

        Message 3 of 5 , May 17 1:17 AM
          On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Cássio Marques <cassiommc@...> wrote:

          > Here's what I got:
          >
          > ['/usr/local/lib/python26.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/',
          > '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-darwin', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-mac',
          > '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages',
          > '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/../../Extras/lib/python',
          > '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-t
          > k', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-old',
          > '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload']
          >
          > Running MacVim snapshot 64 on SL.

          Thanks Cássio, that is definitely not correct.

          Alex: I am guessing that you have Homebrew or something similar
          installed and the build picked up the wrong Python version. I think
          one easy workaround is to add the switch "--with-macsdk=10.6" when you
          build (if memory serves me correctly). If not, message me personally
          and we'll sort it out.

          I might release a new snapshot in the coming days, so I don't think it
          necessary to build a new version just yet (unless you want to, of
          course).

        • Alex Lovell-Troy
          Message 4 of 5 , May 17 8:32 AM
            Aye. Looks like my goof here. I'll get a new snapshot build this
            weekend if at all possible and definitely when björn releases his.

            -alex

            On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 4:17 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
            > On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Cássio Marques <cassiommc@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Here's what I got:
            >>
            >> ['/usr/local/lib/python26.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/',
            >> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-darwin', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-mac',
            >> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages',
            >> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/../../Extras/lib/python',
            >> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-t
            >> k', '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-old',
            >> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload']
            >>
            >> Running MacVim snapshot 64 on SL.
            >
            > Thanks Cássio, that is definitely not correct.
            >
            > Alex: I am guessing that you have Homebrew or something similar
            > installed and the build picked up the wrong Python version.  I think
            > one easy workaround is to add the switch "--with-macsdk=10.6" when you
            > build (if memory serves me correctly).  If not, message me personally
            > and we'll sort it out.
            >
            > I might release a new snapshot in the coming days, so I don't think it
            > necessary to build a new version just yet (unless you want to, of
            > course).
            >
            > Björn
            >
            > --

          • Alex Lovell-Troy
            Message 5 of 5 , May 29 11:51 AM
              *NEW Snow Leopard Build of MacVim available*

              It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't heard of a new snapshot
              being ready, but to make sure I can still build on this old laptop, I
              fixed the bug and uploaded a new build to github.

              https://github.com/alexlovelltroy/macvim/downloads

              For those of you not interested in using the built-in python
              interpreter, there's no reason to switch. Of course, I'm sure there
              are at least a few of you for which this will make life slightly
              easier.

              -alex