Re: "Edit in External Editor..." feature from the command line (or from mutt)

  • John_108
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 13 9:27 AM
      This worked great for me:

      > set editor ="mvim -f"

      except that after writing the file and closing MacVim, I had to switch back to the terminal to get back to mutt.

      In the current MacVim version 7.3.390 (and maybe for much longer) the solution is found in "help: hints":

      mvim -f -c "au VimLeave * maca hide:

      Works like a charm. When I start to compose in Mutt, MacVim opens, and when I finish the focus returns to mutt automatically.