Re: Hiding the permanent scrollbars?

  • Niels Kobschätzki
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2012
      On 10 Apr 2012, at 21:53, björn wrote:

      > On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
      >>
      >> in Lion scrollbars are hidden and appear only when one actually
      >> scrolls with
      >> the mouse. In MacVim they are always shown. Is there a way to hide
      >> the
      >> permanent scrollbars?
      >
      > There is no way to get Lion style scrollbars (I have commented on why
      > in the past, if you are interested).

      where, some blog or in the depths of the mailing list-archive?

      > However, you can hide them permanently (and this is what I do
      > personally). Just add the following lines your ~/.gvimrc:
      >
      > set go-=r
      > set go-=L

      Thanks :)

      Niels

    • David Whitmarsh
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11, 2012
        > On 10 Apr 2012, at 21:53, björn wrote:
        >> There is no way to get Lion style scrollbars (I have commented on why
        >> in the past, if you are interested).
        >

        > where, some blog or in the depths of the mailing list-archive?

        On 2012 JAN 29
        http://groups.google.com/group/vim_mac/browse_thread/thread/c758da3de1fabd14/5b0f25fd3e2f6d33?lnk=gst&q=lion#5b0f25fd3e2f6d33

        On 2011 SEPT 01
        http://groups.google.com/group/vim_mac/browse_thread/thread/c2617e9afa0a3fce/d35c24670c3916e6?lnk=gst&q=lion#d35c24670c3916e6

      • Niels Kobschätzki
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 11, 2012
          On 11 Apr 2012, at 12:58, David Whitmarsh wrote:

          > 2012/4/10 Niels Kobschätzki <niels@...>:
          >> On 10 Apr 2012, at 21:53, björn wrote:
          >>> There is no way to get Lion style scrollbars (I have commented on
          >>> why
          >>> in the past, if you are interested).
          >>

          >> where, some blog or in the depths of the mailing list-archive?
          >
          > On 2012 JAN 29
          > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_mac/browse_thread/thread/c758da3de1fabd14/5b0f25fd3e2f6d33?lnk=gst&q=lion#5b0f25fd3e2f6d33
          >
          > On 2011 SEPT 01
          > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_mac/browse_thread/thread/c2617e9afa0a3fce/d35c24670c3916e6?lnk=gst&q=lion#d35c24670c3916e6