Re: Hiding the permanent scrollbars?

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10 12:53 PM
      On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:

      > in Lion scrollbars are hidden and appear only when one actually scrolls with
      > the mouse. In MacVim they are always shown. Is there a way to hide the
      > permanent scrollbars?

      There is no way to get Lion style scrollbars (I have commented on why
      in the past, if you are interested).

      However, you can hide them permanently (and this is what I do
      personally). Just add the following lines your ~/.gvimrc:

      set go-=r
      set go-=L

      While you're at it, you may also wish to hide the toolbar to get more
      space for text:

      set go-=T

      For more information, see ":h 'go".

    • Niels Kobschätzki
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10 9:39 PM
        On 10 Apr 2012, at 21:53, björn wrote:

        > On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
        >>
        >> in Lion scrollbars are hidden and appear only when one actually
        >> scrolls with
        >> the mouse. In MacVim they are always shown. Is there a way to hide
        >> the
        >> permanent scrollbars?
        >
        > There is no way to get Lion style scrollbars (I have commented on why
        > in the past, if you are interested).

        where, some blog or in the depths of the mailing list-archive?

        > However, you can hide them permanently (and this is what I do
        > personally). Just add the following lines your ~/.gvimrc:
        >
        > set go-=r
        > set go-=L

        Thanks :)

        Niels

      • David Whitmarsh
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 11 3:58 AM
          > On 10 Apr 2012, at 21:53, björn wrote:
          >> There is no way to get Lion style scrollbars (I have commented on why
          >> in the past, if you are interested).
          >

          > where, some blog or in the depths of the mailing list-archive?

          On 2012 JAN 29
          http://groups.google.com/group/vim_mac/browse_thread/thread/c758da3de1fabd14/5b0f25fd3e2f6d33?lnk=gst&q=lion#5b0f25fd3e2f6d33

          On 2011 SEPT 01
          http://groups.google.com/group/vim_mac/browse_thread/thread/c2617e9afa0a3fce/d35c24670c3916e6?lnk=gst&q=lion#d35c24670c3916e6

        • Niels Kobschätzki
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 11 10:37 AM
            On 11 Apr 2012, at 12:58, David Whitmarsh wrote:

            > 2012/4/10 Niels Kobschätzki <niels@...>:
            >> On 10 Apr 2012, at 21:53, björn wrote:
            >>> There is no way to get Lion style scrollbars (I have commented on
            >>> why
            >>> in the past, if you are interested).
            >>

            >> where, some blog or in the depths of the mailing list-archive?
            >
            > On 2012 JAN 29
            > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_mac/browse_thread/thread/c758da3de1fabd14/5b0f25fd3e2f6d33?lnk=gst&q=lion#5b0f25fd3e2f6d33
            >
            > On 2011 SEPT 01
            > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_mac/browse_thread/thread/c2617e9afa0a3fce/d35c24670c3916e6?lnk=gst&q=lion#d35c24670c3916e6