Code Formatting

  • grayghostvisuals
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2012
      New to MacVim and looking to format code similar to to other code
      editors such as e for windows, Komodo, Dreamweaver etc.

      I would like to open an HTML file for example, and indent the entire
      document if I desire or individual lines in order to clean up messy
      code

      Thanks :)

    • Niels Kobsch├Ątzki
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2012
        On Thursday, 5. April 2012 at 23:07, grayghostvisuals wrote:
        New to MacVim and looking to format code similar to to other code
        editors such as e for windows, Komodo, Dreamweaver etc.

        I would like to open an HTML file for example, and indent the entire
        document if I desire or individual lines in order to clean up messy
        code
        Try: :set filetype=html (if not recognized)
        Then highlight your text and hit "=" (w/out ") -- via http://stackoverflow.com/questions/459478/correct-indentation-of-html-and-php-using-vim

        "G=" might work as well

        Niels