Re: MacVim and R plugin

  • Federico Calboli
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2012
      On Mar 14, 2:28 pm, Sylvain Soliman <Sylvain.Soli...@...> wrote:
      > I'm neither on Lion nor using R but what you want seems pretty close to
      > what ConqueTerm provides.
      >
      > :ConqueTermSplit <whatever command launches R>
      >
      > If you need to 'send' content from your file to the R session you will
      > probably need to remap the default ConqueTerm keys...
      >
      > [I use ConqueTerm a lot, mainly with (i)python or bash sessions, it is not
      > bug-free but often good enough]

      that helps a lot BUT does not technically work, because if I send a
      line of of R code from Vim to R, it does not send it to the R session
      opened by Conque Shell, but still to the R.app...

    • Sylvain Soliman
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2012
        * Federico Calboli <f.calboli@...>:
        > that helps a lot BUT does not technically work, because if I send a
        > line of of R code from Vim to R, it does not send it to the R session
        > opened by Conque Shell, but still to the R.app...

        Well, that's because you now need to replace the mappings of the R plugin
        with corresponding ones in Conque.

        If it is enough for you, Conque already defines a command to send the
        visual selection (you can remap ConqueTerm_SendVisKey), otherwise you can
        use the conque_term#send_selected() and
        conque_term#get_instance().write() functions in more complex mappings...

        You might also probably get some help from the R plugin designer.

        Best,

        Sylvain

        --
        Sylvain Soliman <Sylvain.Soliman@...> GnuPG Public Key: 0x0F53AF99