MacVim and R plugin

  • Federico Calboli
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2012
      Hi,

      I am using MacVim (the latest Lion version, on the latest Lion) and I
      am using this plugin:

      http://www.lepem.ufc.br/jaa/vim-r-plugin.html

      which works, but might work better. In iTem2 calling \rf creates an
      instance of R in the same window (thanks to screen and tmux I guess),
      while in MacVim \rf opens an instance of R.app. I'd like to have my
      vim generate R session in the same vim window (like I get for vim in a
      shell)... Is there any way of achieving this (http://www.lepem.ufc.br/
      jaa/vim-r-plugin_object_browser_2.png) in MacVim?

      BW

    • Federico Calboli
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2012
        On Mar 14, 2:28 pm, Sylvain Soliman <Sylvain.Soli...@...> wrote:
        > I'm neither on Lion nor using R but what you want seems pretty close to
        > what ConqueTerm provides.
        >
        > :ConqueTermSplit <whatever command launches R>
        >
        > If you need to 'send' content from your file to the R session you will
        > probably need to remap the default ConqueTerm keys...
        >
        > [I use ConqueTerm a lot, mainly with (i)python or bash sessions, it is not
        > bug-free but often good enough]

        that helps a lot BUT does not technically work, because if I send a
        line of of R code from Vim to R, it does not send it to the R session
        opened by Conque Shell, but still to the R.app...

      • Sylvain Soliman
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14, 2012
          * Federico Calboli <f.calboli@...>:
          > that helps a lot BUT does not technically work, because if I send a
          > line of of R code from Vim to R, it does not send it to the R session
          > opened by Conque Shell, but still to the R.app...

          Well, that's because you now need to replace the mappings of the R plugin
          with corresponding ones in Conque.

          If it is enough for you, Conque already defines a command to send the
          visual selection (you can remap ConqueTerm_SendVisKey), otherwise you can
          use the conque_term#send_selected() and
          conque_term#get_instance().write() functions in more complex mappings...

          You might also probably get some help from the R plugin designer.

          Best,

          Sylvain

          --
          Sylvain Soliman <Sylvain.Soliman@...> GnuPG Public Key: 0x0F53AF99