Mapping Cmd keys in terminal

  • tonymcdaniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2012
      I'm using the MacVim version of vim with an alias command:
      alias vim='/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim'
      but I've noticed that some of the keyboard shortcuts that I've defined
      in my .vimrc aren't working in the terminal. Specifically, any mapping
      that uses the command key won't work.

      For example, I have the following in .vimrc
      nnoremap <D-[> <<
      which reduces the indenting on lines.

      One part of the problem was that iTerm2 had the shortcut mapped to
      switch to the previous tab. I was able to change this in the keyboard
      preference pane.

      I'm trying to get vim working the same regardless of whether I'm in
      iTerm2 or MacVim, and missing these commands is a killer in the
      terminal.

    • Phil Dobbin