Re: ack.vim problem

  • Barrie Stott
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 2012
      On 7 Mar 2012, at 09:19, Andrew Stewart wrote:

      > On 7 Mar 2012, at 09:55, Barrie Stott wrote:
      >> I installed the code in ~/.vim/plugin and documentation in ~/.vim/doc. It came as a .tar.gz file so all I had to do was move it to ~/.vim and use 'tar zxvf ack.tar.gz from that directory.
      >
      > Hmm, that's where my ack.vim is installed and ':Ack mail' works as expected.
      >
      > If you type ':scriptnames' do you see ack.vim in the list?

      No! But I did see, among others, everything in ~/.vim/plugin except ack.vim.

      I started a new occurrence of MacVim and things started to do more sensible things. I'm extremely grateful since now I can see how well I like it. I'd never come across :scriptnames before but I'll make a note of it for the future.

      Thanks agin for your help. No reply needed.

      Barrie.

    • GomathiNayagam S
      Message 2 of 6 , May 27, 2014
        ack.vim is an interface to ack library, you have to first install the ack library from ack site, like for ubuntu "apt-get install ack-grep"