Re: Distraction-free mode like in Sublime Text 2 creatable?

  • Niels Kobschätzki
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2012
      On 28 Feb 2012, at 1:09, Phil Dobbin wrote:

      > On 27/02/2012 15:07, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> I am pretty much a noob in Vim but invested already some time in it.
      >> Now I had a look at Sublime Text 2 and it was nice, but I don't see a
      >> real reason to switch. The only thing I really liked is the
      >> distraction free mode. It's fullscreen (supported already by MacVim)
      >> and the text is in the center of screen with maybe 80 characters per
      >> line soft-wrapping.
      >> Is it possible to recreate that in MacVim? I mean moving the whole
      >> text the right so that it is in the center while it soft-wraps at 80
      >> characters per line?
      >

      > If you go to <http://www.vim.org> and enter `vimroom` in the search
      > box
      > I think you'll find that after downloading it & trying it, it does
      > pretty much what you're looking for.

      Thanks a lot, that is exactly what I was searching :D

      Niels

    • Janusz Bossy
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2012
        2012/2/27 Niels Kobschätzki <niels@...>:
        > Is it possible to recreate that in MacVim? I mean moving the whole text the right so that it is in the center while it soft-wraps at 80 characters per line?

        If you enter fullscreen (I'm working with "native" Lion fullscreen)
        and set the column width of Vim you should be able to achieve what you
        want:

        :set columns=80

        --
        Janusz Bossy

      • Niels Kobschätzki
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2012
          On 28 Feb 2012, at 10:38, Janusz Bossy wrote:

          > 2012/2/27 Niels Kobschätzki <niels@...>:
          >> Is it possible to recreate that in MacVim? I mean moving the whole
          >> text the right so that it is in the center while it soft-wraps at 80
          >> characters per line?
          >
          > If you enter fullscreen (I'm working with "native" Lion fullscreen)
          > and set the column width of Vim you should be able to achieve what you
          > want:
          >
          > :set columns=80

          That is definitely an interesting solution as well. Thanks! :)

          Niels