Re: key mapping help

  • retiredff
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 19, 2012
      Bill,

      I tried imap <F7> <c-o>:set nolist!<CR>
      and <esc> instead of <c-o>

      both seem to work, but, if the cursor is on a blank line when I press F7 I
      see "7" then it disappears. I also see on the same row as --INSERT-- right
      justified "<80>k7". I have not noticed this before. normal?

    • Bee
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2012
        On Feb 19, 3:22 am, retiredff <retire...@...> wrote:
        > Bill,
        >
        > I tried imap <F7> <c-o>:set nolist!<CR>
        > and <esc> instead of <c-o>
        >
        > both seem to work, but, if the cursor is on a blank line when I press F7 I
        > see "7" then it disappears. I also see on the same row as --INSERT-- right
        > justified "<80>k7". I have not noticed this before. normal?
        >
        > --

        I can not reproduce the problem if on a blank line.

        :help <silent>

        This is in my .vimrc:

        " toggle invisibles
        nmap <silent> <F1> :setlocal list!<cr>
        imap <F1> <C-O><F1>
        vmap <F1> <Esc><F1>gv

        Bill

      • retiredff
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 19, 2012
          Bill,

          Since my last reply, I shut down MacVim and had to reboot my DSL modem and
          my computer. The problems has disappeared. Don't know why.

          Thanks for the reply's

          Tony