Problem with guibg=none

  • Israel Chauca F.
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2012

      When I try to run the following command:

      hi MyHL guibg=none

      I get the following error:

      E254: Cannot allocate color none

      Am I alone with this? non-MacVim users don't seems to have any problem and the system (Lion) Vim doesn't give any error.

      I found about this because a plugin uses something like that. Any pointers?

      Cheers!
      Israel

    • John Beckett
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2012
        Israel Chauca F. wrote:
        > When I try to run the following command:
        >
        > hi MyHL guibg=none
        >
        > I get the following error:
        >
        > E254: Cannot allocate color none

        It's "NONE" (not "none"). Try:

        hi MyHL guibg=NONE

        John

      • Israel Chauca F.
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2012
          On Feb 10, 2012, at 9:53 PM, John Beckett wrote:

          > Israel Chauca F. wrote:
          >> When I try to run the following command:
          >>
          >> hi MyHL guibg=none
          >>
          >> I get the following error:
          >>
          >> E254: Cannot allocate color none
          >
          > It's "NONE" (not "none"). Try:

          That was the issue and the plugin author has fixed it.

          Thanks!
          Israel