Re: MacVim + SuperTab + Perl source = VERY slow

  • Stanislaw Pusep
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2012
      Just recompiled MacVim and the completion is fast now.
      Thank you very much!

      On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 11:00, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      On 25 January 2012 09:47, björn wrote:
      > On 18 January 2012 20:20, Stanislaw Pusep wrote:
      >> The subject says everything, a few remarks:
      >>
      >> 1) It's NOT a SuperTab fault; Ctrl-N/Ctrl-P is slow also! However, it's
      >> easier for me to refer to the whole concept of "tab completion";
      >> 2) I use MacVim from MacPorts;
      >> 4) Text-mode vim (also from MacPorts) is fast, so it's not
      >> filesystem/libs/modules related;
      >> 5) If I start typing some local variable name and then hit tab, MacVim hangs
      >> for some seconds and then the variable name appears;
      >> 6) However, if I hit tab followed by Ctrl-C, variable name completes
      >> instantly;
      >> 7) Non-Perl (SQL, for instance) source completion is fast.
      >>
      >> Any clues on how to debug this?
      >
      > I can reproduce and I think I know what the problem is.  I'll see what
      > I can do about it.

      So the problem was that Vim was searching through include files and
      MacVim is very conservative about flushing so it would not flush until
      after the search finished.  I've made it flush a bit more aggressively
      now so that at least in the cases I've tried it no longer stalls.