clewn macvim or vim on snow leopard

  • dacresni
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 20, 2012
      I'm trying to build Clewn on snow leopard, has anyone else tried? I get this message and I'm not very familear with the vim code base

      config.status: creating Makefile
      config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
      config.status: creating runtime/Makefile
      config.status: WARNING:  runtime/Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
      config.status: creating config.h
      config.status: config.h is unchanged

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 21, 2012
        On 21 January 2012 05:56, dacresni wrote:
        > I'm trying to build Clewn on snow leopard, has anyone else tried?

        I made an effort to get it working a while ago and I summarized the
        steps I took near the end of this thread:

        http://groups.google.com/group/vim_mac/browse_thread/thread/1a7b591e69635357?pli=1

        As far as I can tell from that thread, I did manage to get it up and
        running but there were some problems I never resolved.

      • Trent R
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 27, 2012
          Björn, thanks for your efforts towards getting clewn to work with
          MacVim. I am trying to do the same, but cannot get MacVim to output
          anything from gdb. As far as I can tell everything is installed
          correctly (clewn works fine from the command line, and :h clewn works
          in MacVim, for instance). When I launch MacVim from the command line,
          clewn happily reports 'NetBeans connected to 127.0.0.1:59897', but
          nothing shows up in MacVim. There is, however, a grey bar down the
          left side of MacVim windows opened with the -nb option that is usually
          not present. I am new to gdb and clewn, so I may simply be doing
          something foolish. Any idea as to where I'm going wrong?

        • Trent R
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 28, 2012
            I should mention that I am using snapsnot 64. Furthermore, if I quit
            MacVim while clewn is running, clewn will report that it was
            disconnected by the editor, and terminate, so there must be some
            communication between MacVim and clewn.

            On Jan 27, 3:55 pm, Trent R <tr...@...> wrote:
            > Björn, thanks for your efforts towards getting clewn to work with
            > MacVim.  I am trying to do the same, but cannot get MacVim to output
            > anything from gdb.  As far as I can tell everything is installed
            > correctly (clewn works fine from the command line, and :h clewn works
            > in MacVim, for instance).  When I launch MacVim from the command line,
            > clewn happily reports 'NetBeans connected to 127.0.0.1:59897', but
            > nothing shows up in MacVim.  There is, however, a grey bar down the
            > left side of MacVim windows opened with the -nb option that is usually
            > not present.  I am new to gdb and clewn, so I may simply be doing
            > something foolish.  Any idea as to where I'm going wrong?

          • Yang
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 16, 2012
              I confirm exactly the same problem on Lion. Could anyone provide an update? Thanks a bunch!

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 17, 2012
                It seems the problem is the gdb shipped with Mac.