How to set two MacVim fullscreen modes using vim command?

  • Zhao Cai
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2012
      MacVim has two fullscreen mode: the native mac lion fullscreen support and the normal one. My question is how to set the mode from command line?

      My personal need is to set two quick key mappings for both modes in different setups ( with external monitor, for example).

      Thanks in advance if anyone know the answer.

      Cheers,
      Zhao

    • Chris Lott
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2012
        On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Zhao Cai <zhaocai@...> wrote:
        > MacVim has two fullscreen mode: the native mac lion fullscreen support and the normal one. My question is how to set the mode from command line?

        How do you choose the "normal" full screen when in macvim? Whether I
        click the window icon, choose Window > Toggle Full Screen Mode, or do
        :set fullscreen, I get the same result, which is the native full
        screen mode...

        Chris Lott <chris@...>

      • Zhao Cai
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2012
          Check the settings `⌘,`
          On Jan 8, 2012, at 8:19 PM, Chris Lott wrote:

          > On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Zhao Cai <zhaocai@...> wrote:
          >> MacVim has two fullscreen mode: the native mac lion fullscreen support and the normal one. My question is how to set the mode from command line?
          >
          > How do you choose the "normal" full screen when in macvim? Whether I
          > click the window icon, choose Window > Toggle Full Screen Mode, or do
          > :set fullscreen, I get the same result, which is the native full
          > screen mode...

          > --
          > Chris Lott <chris@...>
          >
          > --

        • David Sanson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2012
            I don't think this is possible. Take a look at

                 :h macvim-prefs

            and

                 :h macvim-user-defaults

            The relevant dictionary key is "MMNativeFullScreen".

          • Zhao Cai