Re: MacVim & Vim difference?

  • MMak
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
      How can MacVim communicate with Vim on Mac OS X?

    • MMak
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
        Björn Winckler wrote

        > On 1 January 2012 10:52, Pitt Mak wrote:
        >> "Does MacVim executable act as a front-end, and Vim executable act as the
        >> back-end? Is that ture to say MacVim is response to do something like UI
        >> stuffs, and Vim is where really core functionality lays in? When MacVim
        >> is
        >> running, will MacVim lunch Vim as a helper to do the cross-platform task
        >> as
        >> it do like in Windows and Linux?
        >
        > Take a look at
        >
        > https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/blob/master/src/MacVim/README
        >
        > It describes the overall design of MacVim and also says something
        > about the layout of the source code.
        >
        > Björn
        >
        > --

        Are you the author of MacVim, awesome! Well done.

      • Eric Weir
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
          On Jan 1, 2012, at 5:49 AM, MMak wrote:

          > How can MacVim communicate with Vim on Mac OS X?

          I thought it *was* Vim on Mac OS X--unless you're running some other Vim on Mac OS X.

          Eric Weir
          Decatur, GA
          eeweir@...

          "A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult
          than it is for other people."

          - Thomas Mann