"resetting" bold and italics

  • Chris Lott
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2011
      Often when I change colorschemes via :colors X the new scheme doesn't
      work completely, most often because bold/italics aren't rendered as
      bold/italics. If I restart vim, the bold/italics appear using that
      color scheme. Is there a way to force this to happen without
      restarting vim?

      Chris Lott

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2011
        On 10 December 2011 05:04, Chris Lott wrote:
        > Often when I change colorschemes via :colors X the new scheme doesn't
        > work completely, most often because bold/italics aren't rendered as
        > bold/italics. If I restart vim, the bold/italics appear using that
        > color scheme. Is there a way to force this to happen without
        > restarting vim?

        I'm not familiar with this problem. Can you come up with a reliable
        way to reproduce it?

        In order to work around it you should be able to "reset" the syntax
        highlighting by typing

        :syntax off

        followed by

        :syntax on

        and then perhaps setting your color scheme again.