Vim-latex forward searching

  • George
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2011
      Hi guys,

      I use macvim+vim-latex+skim, but I'm having issues getting the forward
      search to work. I have the inverse searching set up fine but when I
      try to apply Ted Pavlic's patch on:
      http://phaseportrait.blogspot.com/2007/12/pdfsync-inverse-searches-in-macvim.html,
      I get this error (with both the latest version of vim-latex and the
      2007 one that this was built for):

      patching file compiler.vim
      Hunk #1 succeeded at 250 with fuzz 2 (offset 5 lines).
      Hunk #3 FAILED at 323.
      1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file compiler.vim.rej

      The rejects file is long, but starts with:

      ***************
      *** 317,368 ****
      " will work.
      function! Tex_ForwardSearchLaTeX()
      if &ft != 'tex'
      - echo "calling Tex_ViewLaTeX from a non-tex file"
      return
      end

      - " only know how to do forward search for yap on windows and xdvik
      (and
      - " some newer versions of xdvi) on unices. Therefore forward
      searching will

      Anyone have forward searching working on their macvim that might have
      a solution?

      thanks

    • profkonyn
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 2012
        A quick (and ugly) hack of the file compiler.vim allowed it to work for me. I've only focused on Skim, not any other viewer.

        See patch attached.