Re: no .vimrc when "Open with..."

  • MacVlad
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
      Good morning, Björn!

      Thanks for your reply!

      First to your last question

      On 7 Dez., 22:08, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
      > Just out of curiosity -- does it work if you put your customizations
      > in ~/.gvimrc instead?
      No, it didn't.

      But I have found something!

      I had previously the followings:
      - a file ~/.vimrc with only one line within that was "source .vim-
      config-local-eigen" (due to the fact that I use the second file, .vim-
      config-local-eigen, also on a PC)
      - a file ~/.vim-config-local-eigen with the commands (like set
      quifont, set lines, set columns, colorscheme etc.)

      I have now completed the path in .vimrc to "source ~/.vim-config-local-
      eigen" and now everything works as it should!

      Thanks again for your patience & help!

      Kind regards,
      Vlad Ghitulescu