Re: no .vimrc when "Open with..."

  • MacVlad
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 6, 2011
      Hello again, Björn!

      I have to correct something: the .vimrc seems to work only when I open
      a file in a new tab (SHIFT-CMD-T) after MacVim was open with a new
      file.
      While opening through "Open with" or via CMD-O (after MacVim was open
      with a new file), my .vimrc seems not to be used anymore.

      Does this make more sense?

      Thanks again!

      Kind regards,
      Vlad Ghitulescu

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
        On 6 December 2011 20:05, MacVlad wrote:

        > I have to correct something: the .vimrc seems to work only when I open
        > a file in a new tab (SHIFT-CMD-T) after MacVim was open with a new
        > file.
        > While opening through "Open with" or via CMD-O (after MacVim was open
        > with a new file), my .vimrc seems not to be used anymore.
        >
        > Does this make more sense?

        Hmm, to be honest, no. The same code path are used in all of these cases.

        Just out of curiosity -- does it work if you put your customizations
        in ~/.gvimrc instead?

      • MacVlad
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
          Good morning, Björn!

          Thanks for your reply!

          First to your last question

          On 7 Dez., 22:08, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
          > Just out of curiosity -- does it work if you put your customizations
          > in ~/.gvimrc instead?
          No, it didn't.

          But I have found something!

          I had previously the followings:
          - a file ~/.vimrc with only one line within that was "source .vim-
          config-local-eigen" (due to the fact that I use the second file, .vim-
          config-local-eigen, also on a PC)
          - a file ~/.vim-config-local-eigen with the commands (like set
          quifont, set lines, set columns, colorscheme etc.)

          I have now completed the path in .vimrc to "source ~/.vim-config-local-
          eigen" and now everything works as it should!

          Thanks again for your patience & help!

          Kind regards,
          Vlad Ghitulescu