Re: cannot use font in macvim

  • chadhs
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 5, 2011
      This has worked well for me:

      " set some gui only options (for macvim / gvim)
      if has("gui_running")
      " GUI is running or is about to start.
      " set the preferred default height and width of your vim window
      set lines=53 columns=130
      " set your preferred color scheme
      colorscheme wombat256
      " set your preferred font
      set gfn=DejaVu\ Sans\ Mono:h13
      endif

      - Chad

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 7, 2011
        On 4 December 2011 13:52, Federico Calboli wrote:
        > On Dec 2, 5:12 pm, björn wrote:
        >> On 1 December 2011 13:29, Federico Calboli wrote:
        >>
        >> Does the font contain weird characters or spaces?
        >
        > not to the best of my knowledge, though the font is very much an alpha
        > release I got from the author.

        Sorry, I meant to ask if the font _name_ contains weird characters?
        (As in, what is "name" when you type ":set gfn=name" to set the font?)

      • Brian Wolven
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 7, 2011
          I suspect it's the "-" (Letter-g).

        • Federico Calboli
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 8, 2011
            On Dec 7, 9:13 pm, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
            > Sorry, I meant to ask if the font _name_ contains weird characters?
            > (As in, what is "name" when you type ":set gfn=name" to set the font?)

            from my .gvimrc:

            set guifont=letteragbeta:h17

            works like a charm. Basically, the font name is letteragbeta, and both

            :set guifont=letteragbeta or
            :set gfn=letteragbeta

            work on the gui.

            If I

            :set guifont=*

            and select from the menu (where the font goes by the same very name)
            it does not work.

            bw