Re: cannot use font in macvim

  • Federico Calboli
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 4, 2011
      On Dec 2, 5:12 pm, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
      > On 1 December 2011 13:29, Federico Calboli wrote:
      >
      > > SOLVED
      >
      > > I just changed the font in .vimrc and .gvimrc to the new font and it works. What does not work is selecting the font from
      >
      > > :set guifont=*
      >
      > > it just ignores the new font
      >
      > I assume it also works if you call "set gfn=fontname"?

      it does

      > Does the font contain weird characters or spaces?

      not to the best of my knowledge, though the font is very much an alpha
      release I got from the author.

      bw

       Maybe the code is
      > not properly escaping something.  If I had the font I'd try it out,
      > but I'd rather avoid having to write and ask for a copy of the font.
      >
      > Björn

    • chadhs
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 5, 2011
        This has worked well for me:

        " set some gui only options (for macvim / gvim)
        if has("gui_running")
        " GUI is running or is about to start.
        " set the preferred default height and width of your vim window
        set lines=53 columns=130
        " set your preferred color scheme
        colorscheme wombat256
        " set your preferred font
        set gfn=DejaVu\ Sans\ Mono:h13
        endif

        - Chad

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 7, 2011
          On 4 December 2011 13:52, Federico Calboli wrote:
          > On Dec 2, 5:12 pm, björn wrote:
          >> On 1 December 2011 13:29, Federico Calboli wrote:
          >>
          >> Does the font contain weird characters or spaces?
          >
          > not to the best of my knowledge, though the font is very much an alpha
          > release I got from the author.

          Sorry, I meant to ask if the font _name_ contains weird characters?
          (As in, what is "name" when you type ":set gfn=name" to set the font?)

        • Brian Wolven
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 7, 2011
            I suspect it's the "-" (Letter-g).

          • Federico Calboli
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 8, 2011
              On Dec 7, 9:13 pm, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
              > Sorry, I meant to ask if the font _name_ contains weird characters?
              > (As in, what is "name" when you type ":set gfn=name" to set the font?)

              from my .gvimrc:

              set guifont=letteragbeta:h17

              works like a charm. Basically, the font name is letteragbeta, and both

              :set guifont=letteragbeta or
              :set gfn=letteragbeta

              work on the gui.

              If I

              :set guifont=*

              and select from the menu (where the font goes by the same very name)
              it does not work.

              bw