Re: Opening MacVim from Applescript

  • Janusz Bossy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22 8:07 AM
      On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Sylvain Soliman
      <Sylvain.Soliman@...> wrote:
      > I answered there since it is not really MacVim specific...
      >
      > TL;DR: mvim's stdout and stderr must be redirected to /dev/null in order to
      > have the AppleScript let mvim be "backgrounded"

      You can also right click any file in that directory and select "New
      MacVim Buffer Here" from the context menu.

      Janusz

    • Brendan
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24 5:34 AM
        Ah thanks for that, it works now. This did confuse me though since I
        didn't think mvim generated any halting output i.e. prompts etc. I did
        also try to 'background' the process at an earlier stage using an
        ampersand at the end of the command but that didn't work for some
        reason.

        Kind regards,

        Brendan