Re: use vim in /usr/local ?

  • Christopher J. Bottaro
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 2011
      On Nov 10, 2011, at 3:40 PM, "björn" <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      >> How do I get MacVim to use that vim instead of the Lion default?
      >
      > Now I am confused. You first said you used the builtin version of
      > Vim. Are you now saying that you are actually using MacVim?

      I read something that seemed to suggest MacVim used an external vim
      binary and that is what's actually crashing. So if you just get MacVim
      to use a different vim binary, the problem would be solved.

      Apparently that's not the case though... :)

      Anyway, I reinstalled MacVim with brew using the --head option and I
      haven't experienced a crash yet.

      -- C